“The purpose of the Society is to cultivate and to encourage historic interest in the Town of Ashby and its vicinity, to collect and preserve historical matter relating thereto, to promote historical research and to encourage participation in the observance of historical anniversaries.”
The Ashby Historical Society was organized in 1900 to preserve and encourage interest in Ashby’s history. Originally located in School House #1 on New Ipswich Rd., we are now housed in the Old Engine House at 846 Main Street. The Society is supported by member donations, fund raisers throughout the year and the sale of books and mementos on Ashby history.
The real reason people join the Society is to have fun and pass on the knowledge of history and how it has shaped our community today. We do that through interpretive events, taking part in the community and spreading the knowledge of Ashby history.